Corporate Peon: Cruisin' Right Along...


Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cruisin' Right Along...

Today was my division's boat cruise downtown. I had never been on one of the boat tours before, and have my second one next month. I must say, I was pretty impressed.

For whatever reason, my group - there's about 50 of us - was upgraded from the reservations originally made to a bigger boat. A fancier boat. A boat with yummy decadent food.

We ended up on the Odyssey. It's a big boat - three different inside decks with a dance floor and band stage on each, plus an observation deck. There were over a dozen tables on my deck alone with 10 people at each.

And the food! We were given a choice for the first course, main course, and dessert. I had the port glazed Duck confit on sweet corn polenta for the first course, the oh-so-tender center-cut sirloin with cheddar mashed potatoes for the main course, and this chocolate cake...creation, for dessert.

The organizer sat at my table, and because SRG didn't show (without telling anyone), we had an extra ticket. So the organizer ordered us a plate of the Maine lobster ravioli and this SCRUMPTIOUS brownie dessert that we shared. Mmm. Free food.

After the food was done, I left the mellow, bluesy, jazzy singer and went up to the observation deck. The Chicago skyline, for the uninitiated in the group, is fabulous.

So, yes, a very nice day away from the office. And the only thing on my plate tonight (besides running) is a phone call. A leisurely day all around.


Powered by Blogger