Corporate Peon: Work. A Necessary Evil.


Thursday, June 24, 2004

Work. A Necessary Evil.

So, it's my day off. I just held an 8:30 conference call and attempted follow-up from that. I generally enjoy my job - and I'm good at it and well respected, which always helps - but I have a hard time with people who don't have my same work ethic. I get the job done, and if that means staying late, well, then, you stay late. I don't whine (often) (honest), and I try to do a good job. But some people...some people whine all the time, nothing's ever their fault, it's always not their job, or they're too busy, blah blah blah.

We recently changed our review policy to take behavioral factors into consideration. It's no longer enough if you get good results but have a shitty attitude - and I'm so glad they've moved this way. There are a lot of people who work that way and it drives me nuts. Short drive, huh?


Powered by Blogger