Corporate Peon: Don't Crush Me! - Updated -


Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Don't Crush Me! - Updated -

So, it's an interesting thing, this BlogVille. I keep harping on it, don't I? I just find it very strange how we all interact.

I mean, I know a Blogger who has a crush on another Blogger; and then I know another pair that fits into that; and then I know ANOTHER pair that fits that...How is it that we allow ourselves to crush on people we don't 'know?' Or is it that we do know each other, perhaps better than we might if we were all 'real-world' friends?

I gotta think on this. I'll write more later; work is actually calling now.

Updated

So, Gooch's comment got me thinking. Sure, a lot of us have published pictures for our fans to see, but is that really the attraction? A picture can only give a look (obviously) at a person - it can't tell us about them. Who hasn't gone up to that dreamy guy/girl at the bar, only to find that they have trouble putting sentences together? I always say, when the lights are out, who cares how hot someone is?

What I want to know is who someone is - what makes them laugh, how they treat others, how they feel about life and love. That's what makes me crush on people; the physicality places a part, sure, but when you don't have that, you go more on what you do have. It's scary, though, when you do crush based on what you know when physicality is not even a factor. I mean, a person could be exactly what one is looking for - as far as you know them, anyway - but then physically, it can change things. There has to be a chemistry, a possibility of attraction if attraction is not immediate. And it's a risk - what if he who I click with so well online holds no chemistry for me? Or vice-versa? Is all the camaraderie lost? That would be a shame.

And for all of you who wonder who's crushin' on whom (who's zoomin' who, da da...)...I'll say this much:

He likes her. She likes him. She, on the other hand, likes him and him and him. Then there's Him, who I think likes her. Or maybe he's just a flirt. Oh, and let's not forget him, who likes her, or at least he used to.

That clear things up? ;)


Powered by Blogger