Corporate Peon: Random Ramblings


Saturday, June 26, 2004

Random Ramblings

So here it is, Saturday night, and I am home. My back is still killing me, despite a long, yummy nap and some extra strength Tylenol. Ah, youth - you don't know what you got til it's gone.

Okay, so that was said tongue-in-cheek. I'm still young. Hell, I got carded for beer the other night. I always say I look like I'm 19 - I think it's because I don't care much for makeup or 'done' hair. I'm pretty easygoing where that stuff is concerned. Give me a hairclip, some lipgloss, and I'm out the door. It's too much of a hassle to worry about all that other stuff, day in and day out. Besides, to what end? Would guys find me more attractive if I did that stuff? Maybe, but is that the kind of guy I want?

I entered into a conversation at a bar one night with a guy. The bar was 'Coyote Ugly,' and like the movie, the bartenders dance on the bar and shake their groove thangs. One girl got up there after the hot bartenders were done and started dancing to her own beat. I was interested in whether she was sexy - whether the bartenders were sexy - b/c honestly, I thought they bordered on skanky. Now, I know that everyone has their own opinion, but that's precisely what I wanted. To hear a genuine opinion from someone.

Well, said guy - random stranger - gave me that conversation, but he thought I was comparing myself to the chics in question and ended up labeling me as having no self-esteem and paranoia. Whaaa? I was just curious, dude. Sure, I have self-esteem issues when it comes to my looks - show me a girl who truly doesn't. But does that mean I freak out about it and judge myself against pseudo-strippers? Hell no. I yam what I yam, says Popeye.




Powered by Blogger