Corporate Peon: Another Installation of...


Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Another Installation of...

...Katey's middle of the night ramblings!!

1. What the fuck is wrong with me? It's 4:fricken 44 in the morning. Normal people SLEEP through the night!

2. I was apparently living in the Sahara this weekend. One grocery store visit net(ted?) me a 2ltr bottle of soda; a carton of juice; a 1/2 gallon of milk; a big thing of Crystal Light; and a small thing of strawberry milk, which I drank in the store. Everything else but the milk is gone now and some of the CL is gone now.

3. I'm getting the urge to travel again. I think I've decided that this spring I'll finally do the whale-watching that I've always wanted to do. I've been to both the east and west coasts, so I'm starting to seriously think about Canada. I'll have to revisit some of the sites on this.

I also think I need a quick visit to Dakota to visit my girls and my honory niece. I've been dreaming of the girls a lot lately, which generally means that I'm starting to need a fix. Plus, my 'niece' is now 3 months old and I haven't seen her yet, so that needs to be remedied pronto.

4. Class was pretty interesting last night. We're using this online 'strategy game' to compete against every one else in the glass. We have 6 groups and each group represents a different shoe manufacturing company. We all start at the same point - end of Year 10, with the same numbers (sales, earnings, production, plants, etc) - and have to 'run' Years 11-17.

I'm not very competitive. At all. In fact, when I was younger and my sister would try to institute a competition between us, I was more than happy to just shrug and say, nah...why don't you just win? But I have two very good team members who I've worked with quite a bit in the past and we should be able to hold our own. Besides, it's not whether we win or lose. Right?

Right?


Hello? Anyone still there?


Powered by Blogger