Corporate Peon: Am I Lazy or What?


Sunday, June 27, 2004

Am I Lazy or What?

My apartment is a pigsty. Literally. I step on shirts, blankets, etc and twist my ankle because there are shoes lurking underneath. Empty soda cans line the counters; the trash is overflowing; random shit is everywhere. I swear, I don't know how this happens. It's as if I leave one or two things out, and when I come home at the end of the day, they have multiplied and spread their progeny across my 800 sq feet of space.

And yet, what am I doing about this? Nothing. Nada. Not a damn thing. I'm back online, one of my official addictions, wasting time. Thinking about my next cigarette.

Sure, I'm THINKING about cleaning. Just tackling one room. Just tackling one space. Just throwing out the shit that can be thrown out would make such a difference. I fool myself into thinking that thinking about cleanign is the first step, when really, I use that first step to tire myself out and give me an excuse to nap or plop down on the couch for yet another 90210 rerun.

More later, if my apt hasn't swallowed me whole.


Powered by Blogger