Corporate Peon: Hi!


Friday, September 17, 2004

Hi!

I'm very chipper today. 1) It's Friday, 2) It's jeans day, 3) My big rush project was killed, making people happy, 4) I've been told by more than one person that I look cute today, 5) It's purty nice outside, 6) None of the bosses are here today, so I'm gonna leave early!

I was recently called a tart. I've been called a vixen before. I like those names.

I was at Target last night, buying a couple small things for my friend's baby shower next week. One of the items I picked was not the exact kind she had registered for, so it would not be marked as 'fulfilled' on her registry. I asked the cashier to please remove it from my bill. Well, he did, but he left it in my bag. So thanks, Target, for the $2.79 item you gave me for free!

We are currently closing in on Week 1 of a two-week company wide charity drive. We do it every year, and they make a big deal out of it. There's a raffle with expensive tickets for some really great prizes - who couldn't use $2000 at Circuit City? It's all a voluntary giving program. Wink wink, nudge nudge. Voluntary as in, daily updates are sent out to each area (You're currently at 46% participation! Remember, if you reach 100%, you get jeans day every Friday for a month!). Voluntary as in, more incentives to give (For every $1, your boss will work one minute extra at a food shelter!). Voluntary as in, it's not anonymous who donates, so those who don't can be singled out for public flogging.

Fuckers.

Addition - my company is a sponser of the Olympics. We all received very patriotic pins, with the US flag at the top, followed by USA and the five Olympic rings, and then capped at the bottom with our company logo and name. Nice. Supportive. Again, patriotic.

The #*@#$ pins were made in China.


Powered by Blogger