Corporate Peon: Snippets


Saturday, September 04, 2004

Snippets

There's not much better than napping nekkid. No, not in your skivvies and skeets, but NEKKID. Say it with me. Neck-id. The window open just enough for a breeze; covered with a blanket; nowhere to be...that's heaven on earth.

I moved to B_____ just in time for my last years of high school. I wiggled my way into a group of friends, blah blah blah. Shades was an adult nightclub that gave teen dances every Sunday. Oh yeah, biznitch, we were hot stuff. There was also a consistent radio ad promoting Teen Night at a local Applebees. It was on the tip of my tongue, so many times, to ask the girls if Teen Night was any good. I thought, hell, at the worst, we can nosh on some food and people watch. Again and again, this Teen Night. Luckily, I never mentioned it to my friends before realizing the ad was actually promoting Tea Night - as in, Long Island. I woulda never lived that one down.

I understand that it's hard to get out of the house when you have a wee little girl. I can't empathize, but I do try to understand. However. If your child is crying - or talking - or crying while talking - at such a scary movie as Shrek 2, please refrain from the movie-theater experience until they can handle it. Or at least have the common courtesy to take your kid outside of the theater. As evidenced by tonight's fun, telling your kid to 'shut up' does not work.

Coinstar is my new favorite thing. I dumped in almost $30 worth of change this week. That bought a lot of grapes. :)

Walking into the building from the car tonight, I dropped a bag of groceries. Yep, it was the one with eggs in it - but surprisingly, only 2 of the eggs broke. Wonder why that is?


Powered by Blogger