Corporate Peon: Reprise - Gal Friday needed for Eccentric Millionaire


Sunday, September 19, 2004

Reprise - Gal Friday needed for Eccentric Millionaire

Got an update from David yesterday:

Hi Katey,

Just thought it would be wise to show you the updated version of my Craig’s list posting:

Ok, so the ad I ran a week ago went like this: (shows original ad).

Now the update: I tried to tiptoe around the EEOC, but now- screw it. I'll just speak my mind: I'd like a beautiful, young girl to provide all the above services, plus certain sensual services once or twice a week. I'm very good looking, young, and charismatic- If you disagree when you meet me, you can respectfully decline this particaular high paying job. I'm paying $20 gas money to all applicants who travel out here (really not that far- I'm right next to Schaumburg).

I responded with:

David:

Thanks for sending the update my way. Definitely clears up a thing or two. I must say, while intrigued, I'm not interested to apply.

Good luck finding the right one!

So, there goes that one. It's not so much about the fact that ultimately, I'd be selling myself - lord knows, I've done that enough under false pretenses (dinner, love, etc) - but this is blatant. Too blatant for me, as it turns out, but the money is tempting. Satan, back away from this girl!

This post is dedicated to Sacki.

Sacki provided me with the following ad, which doesn't mean he authored it, though perhaps he did:

Highly eccentric& hedonistic, yet young & charismatic dot-com millionaire seeks ‘Girl Friday’ to run my simple errands, buy the groceries, tend to my two adorable Shih Tzu’s, clean up after me, and tend to my meals. This would amount to perhaps 10-20 work hours per week. No butler experience necessary. You must be reliable & punctual, and never flaky! Drugs & alcohol aren’t a problem, as long as this doesn’t interfere with your duties. You’ll receive residence in my furnished mansion guest house, plus a salary of $1500/month. Become my invaluable genie, and I’ll pay more. Ideal job for young & responsible student.

So, okay, I responded. I mean, it can't hurt, right? Here's my response:

I wasn't aware there were furnished mansions in (insert town). That aside, your post is interesting, to say the least. I do have a few questions:

1. Is it serious?
2. Would residence there be required?
3. Would the 'winner' be able to handle your requirements AND a current full-time job?
4. What will it take to become your invaluable genie?
5. Is it serious?

Thanks for your time,

Katey

And here is his response:

1) Yes!
2) No!
3) Probably, if she's very hard working.
4) Charisma, ability to get things done....and don't forget that I'm a true hedonist....
5) Hey, I'm skeptical when something seems too good to be true...but see my mansion, talk to me, you'll know it's all the real deal.

~David

Now, what are YOUR thoughts????


Powered by Blogger