Corporate Peon: Burano


Sunday, November 28, 2004

Burano


Posted by Hello

Burano is an island north of Venice. They make lace there. The houses were all painted different colors, as you can see above. They were beautiful, especially when the sun set on the island. The lace items were beautiful, too, but lace isn't so much my thing.

Murano is a different island, also north of Venice. They make glass there. I sat, transfixed, and watched a guy make swans. He made pair after pair of glass swans, and the half-circle base that he stuck them too. I was so transfixed that I didn't even think to take pictures! It was amazing how quickly he turned the pieces out.

Some of the items were AMAZING, since I seem to use that word a lot. Colored glass vases...sculptures...and my favorites, mirrors that were edged in glass pieces and designs. I was too cheap to buy any, however, as they were even out of the range that I had talked myself into.


Powered by Blogger