Corporate Peon: Italian Minutiae


Monday, November 22, 2004

Italian Minutiae

Taken from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6436620/ :

November 18 – Free MTV Mega Concert in front of the Roman Coliseum
Set to be the best modern music Rome has possibly ever seen, a free mega concert at the ancient Roman Coliseum will be held in conjunction with MTV European Music Awards. A dozen artists will perform live on a massive stage at the base of the giant amphitheater and the award ceremony performances will be broadcast by live link on giant screens along the via dei Fori Imperiali. Performers include the Cure, Anastacia, Eminem, Gwen Stefani, Nelly, Beastie Boys, Maroon 5, the Hives, Ailcia Keys, and more. The whole week starting November 11 has been dubbed “Music Pollination Week” and will bring music to the capital like never before.

Yep, I got caught in this. Had I known who all was going to perform, I would have stuck around. However, it was nearing night when I got caught in the throngs, no one I recognized was on stage, and the only way I knew to get home was blocked off, leaving me to find a detour, alone, at night, in a foreign city.

It was a beautiful night; the crowd was peaceful and animated, with their open bottles and pot. I took some pictures of the stage, positioned just in front of the Coliseum, which made for an interesting juxtaposition. Most of the sites provided a definite mix of ancient and modern, of which I was fascinated. How can a church in Milan that took 500 years to be built (ending in the 1700s) garner views of next-door's rooftop hotel garden?

Can't wait to get my pictures and create something to share with you all.


Powered by Blogger