Corporate Peon: Day 6, Venice


Sunday, November 28, 2004

Day 6, Venice


Posted by Hello Saw these 'clowns' as I stepped off the ferry at St. Mark's square.

I'm sitting outside the basilica of St. Mark, listening to a piano player, eating my first gelato of the trip - coconut and caffe, 2 scoop minimum. If ice cream tasted like this gelato, I'd gladly rethink my stand.The church is amazing, of course, and saw the Palazzo Ducale (the doge's palace) as well, as they form the piazzo San Marco. Lots of pigeons - they will actually land on a person, which I find horrifying, but lots of people are taking advantage of that for photo ops.

Walked around Venice this a.m., then took a ferry (vaporetti - technically 'water bus') here, where I walked around more. Saw another church, St. Pietro de Castello. Again, amazing. Words can't describe the awe these churches bring. I wish they [words] could.

Hotel ground floor was flooded this morning. I rolled up my pant legs and waded out. Who knows how long I would have been there had I waited? It was an adventure, and luckily a short one - water was down at bridge.


Powered by Blogger