Corporate Peon: Bore-dumb!


Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Bore-dumb!

There is almost literally NO ONE in the office today. We get to wear jeans, but the thing with jeans day is, we can't every wear 'gym shoes' with them. Now, I RARELY wear gym shoes with jeans anyway, but apparently this is a big deal to the rest of the masses. Whatever. I'm in my black boots with the 2.5 inch stacked heel. I buy boots like this every year, for I tend to wear mine out every year. I've been known to have them reheeled, and I've even been known to stand on the sidewalk, drunk, with one boot off, exclaiming 'There's a nail in here!'

So, yeah. Expect lots of little weird snippets from me today.

I'm not a coffee drinker. Love the smell, hate the taste. But while on the airplane, it was chilly, so I had some. Turns out, add lots o'sugar, add little cream, and it's not half-bad. So I went down to the cafeteria yesterday morning in search of some.

They have about 10 different kinds. Four different cappucino kinds; 2 different 'plain' blends; and about 4 Starbucks kinds. I opted for the white chocolate cappucino.

Oh. My. GAWDDDDDDDDD!!! That is some yummy shit. I already had one today, and I've been here not quite an hour yet.

I got my nails done last night. I really wanted a pedicure, as my feet were hurting like a mofo and they always do some massaging, but it was actually almost as pricey to get a mani & pedi than just a mani. I used to go to a chain of ritzy places, where I would pay $50 - without tip - just for a pedi. Now I go to a little hole-in-the-wall, run by Asian ladies who have a cute dog that runs around, and I paid less than $50 for a mani, pedi, AND tip. Yeah, I'm cool. Anyway, I'm sporting a nice French manicure on my hands now and I'm feeling very good about it. My toenails are a pretty, bright pink. :) Sometimes it's fun feeling feminine.

I have a friend's wedding ceremony/thing to go to Friday night. She got married over Labor Day in Atlanta, but as I was just out of surgery, I opted out. This is now the 'in-state' reception for all those not invited/unable to come to the actual wedding. I'm sure it will be fun, and I'll catch up with some people, but...after two days of lounging around in my sweats, I don't really relish getting all dolled up and leaving the comforts of home.


Powered by Blogger