Corporate Peon: What the...


Monday, June 28, 2004

What the...

Anyone hear about the earthquake that hit the midwest last night / this morning? I felt the fucker. Lying in bed, in a not-quite-dark room b/c there's a HUGE light in the parking lot just outside my place, and I'm tossing and turning trying to get to sleep, despite a day of napping (and a still sore back, whine whine whine), and I feel this rumble. I live within walking distance of a really small airport, and my first thought was that a really big airplane was flying overhead. But then, that didn't make sense, since I didn't hear a plane, and they go overhead all the time and never rumble the place. There was one big rumble, then a few smaller ones. I swear my whole building shook. Never been in an earthquake before; I'm pretty impressed. No one was hurt, so I feel free to be flippant about it.

At any rate, I'm back at work after a 4-day weekend. Not so motivated, and already frustrated with others. When did I decide that smoking at work was a bad idea? And what the hell was I thinking???


Powered by Blogger