Corporate Peon: Dyeing to Know


Sunday, August 08, 2004

Dyeing to Know

When I was little, my sister - 3 yrs older - used to bribe me. "If you let me do your hair, I'll play Barbies with you." Of course, I was game. Having my hair 'done' consisted of a comb, some clips, and some time having Sister play with it. Not too unbearable. Sister has always wanted to dye my hair.

At almost every visit, for no apparent reason, she would say "Let's dye your hair." Now, I'm one of those low-maintenance girls who don't dye / highlight / lowlight their hair. I barely get it cut every 8 weeks.

But, yesterday, while bored and housebound, I bought in to the plan. We went to Target, where a highlighting kit was selected and purchased. And today, she highlighted my hair. (Pause for sad remembrance).

My hair used to be dark brown, and quite nice. Now, it feels wonderful, but it looks...skunky. I have definite roots of about 1". I have highlighted 'blotches' throughout. It's skunky and striped and not good at all. And of course, I didn't rage or yell, for a) what's done is done, and b) I didn't want Sis feeling badly. I'm just glad that I have 3+weeks until I return to work. I'm thinking about dying my whole hair to cover up the highlights. That's what I get for being risky!


Powered by Blogger