Corporate Peon: WTF?


Friday, October 29, 2004

WTF?

Yes, that's right. My Friday morning post is titled "What the Fuck?" As in, what the fuck am I doing blogging at 5am?

I'll tell you.

I've had a stressful week at work. I was there for 11 hours yesterday, which may not be bad by, say, New York standards, for for me, that blows. And every day this week has been like that. Not to mention, I've been running behind schedule every single morning this week. I hate mornings, and I don't do them well, and running late - which I HATE to be - doesn't help the stress. I just haven't been able to get up on time. Gotta quit the nightly cyber sex with hoodrats, I guess.

Anyway. I woke up about 4:45 with the realization that I was as wide awake as I could ever be at that time (that one night in Vegas not withstanding). In my infinite wisdom, I'm planning to be at work by 6am, thus giving me time to put in a very full day and still allowing me to leave early enough to meet the folks for drinks afterwards.

Of course, the chatter of the keyboard and the blinding brightness of the monitor are lulling me back into a coma. And is that - do I hear - yep, my bed is calling my name.

Full day before drinks be damned.


Powered by Blogger