Corporate Peon


Monday, February 28, 2005

62 and 63. Young, comparatively; old, relatively.

My parents are showing signs of age. Signs that I can't ignore, signs that anger me for I'm hopeless to stop them, signs that weigh heavy on my heart.

I don't know how many times this weekend I had to repeat myself to mom. She won't get a hearing aid, and truly, I don't know that she needs one all the time. Maybe I speak too quickly or too softly for her; maybe it's me, and not her, with the problem.

Dad & I had a few conversations this weekend that I know we've had before. He didn't remember them, and I stopped telling him we'd already had those discussions.

My parents aren't what they used to be, and yet at the same time, are so much more than they used to be.

Be well, mom and dad.


Powered by Blogger