Corporate Peon: Hum de dum de dum


Friday, February 11, 2005

Hum de dum de dum

I'm having 'server problems' here at work, which is code for saying that our servers are FUBAR'd and large groups of us can't use Outlook.

Which is fine, except for the fact that EVERYTHING we do is email related. So I'm stuck having to alternately reboot and log off and call up the program again, hoping that this time will be magic and it will work. Yeah, I'm real optimistic about it.

We have these problems fairly consistently for such a large company, which amazes me. You'd think, wouldn't you, that a company so prominent would find a way to give us constant email access, if not, take the focus off of email. Instead, everything is becoming mechanized and we're moving towards becoming a 'paperless society.' Ah, the corporate life.
------
Our boss was selling cheesecakes for her daughter's fundraiser. Cubemate D bought what looks like 3 of them by the size of the box; however, D is out of the office until Tueday. Boss Lady should have known that, since D reports to her, but Boss Lady isn't all there. I'll most likely take the cheesecakes home, throw them in my freezer, and then haul them back in here on Wed for D. Damn, I hate being nice.
------
I learned this morning that playing Nintendo directly before bed will result in weird Nintendo-like dreams.
------
My car is getting an oil change this morning. We have a service that comes to the parking lot every Friday and does oil changes there. You drop your car off in the morning and either pick the keys up and pay at lunch, or pay in the morning and they'll drop your keys off at the front desk. It's a little more expensive than a Jiffy Lube place, but well worth it to me.
------
Oh look, Outlook decided to grace me with its presence! Guess I should get some work done...


Powered by Blogger