Corporate Peon: Let's Start at the Very Beginning


Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Let's Start at the Very Beginning

Tonight was my first night of beginner's running. And I do mean beginners. Though it was a mixed group - some doing a 5k, others doing mixed walking and running, I was definitely one of the most beginner.

We walked 10 minutes, ran for 30 seconds, and repeated it twice more.

The good news is, I can run for 30 seconds at a time. The bad news is, I can't run for too much longer. Probably a minute, max.

The goal of the program I'm in is to run for 3 consecutive minutes at the end of the 10 weeks.

That's right. Not 3 MILES, but 3 MINUTES.

It's embarrassing that I'm so out of shape I can't even run for a couple minutes. Slowly. Downhill. But give me a couple months, and I'll be kickin that 3 minutes all over the place.


Powered by Blogger