Corporate Peon: Hi.


Monday, July 18, 2005

Hi.

Thanks, all, for your kind thoughts about yesterday's experience. I am fine, and as my dad so encouragingly said (not), "Try not to let it get to you."

I'm a bit down today, and not sure how much of that is due to spending the last of my weekend stranded.

I'm trying to sign up for a 6-week glassmaking seminar, but I haven't heard back yet. It's just one more way in which I'm trying to get a life.

Except, that, it won't really help, because while I'll be doing something new and learning something and out of the house for an additional 3hrs a week, I'll still be doing it alone.

Like, this weekend. I went to dinner Friday. But I went alone, so does that even really count as 'doing' something? I went to an art fair Saturday, and while I relished not being there with my parents and having to constantly look for them 500 booths back from where I landed, there were some things I wanted to point out to someone else. But...someone else wasn't there.

My profile on the 'new' dating site I joined over the weekend has been viewed 44 times since it's been active. I've been contacted zero times by anyone from that site.

Yeah, I'm having a pity party. Either shut up or join me.


Powered by Blogger