Corporate Peon: Friday Humor - Updated


Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday Humor - Updated

1. I'm soooo tempted to update my ad to what I wrote below (including the 'lack of humor' line). I'll let you know if I do. It certainly can't hurt anything!

2. My brakes are fixed my brakes are fixed! All for less than half of the original CarX quote. YAY!

3. I had an email from one of my gfs waiting for me this morning, telling me about her 9month old baby. (This is my very good friend and my honorary niece). Baby now pulls herself up from the crib and does other fun things. Since my mom knows my friend and has baby fever, I was going to copy the parts about the kid into a note for mom.

Except that I forgot the last thing I had copied was "white globs of goodness" from E-Lo's site.

Somehow, I don't think mom would have seen the humor in that.

That's it for now. I'm sure more will come to me. Or, you know, not, in which case I'll make them up and demand that you laugh with me.

* Update *

4. On the way to lunch today with E, she's venting and bitching because she's had a shitty past two weeks. Her dad's in the hospital for pneumonia, emergency hip replacement surgery, and just diagnosed with Parkinsons. The hospital has been fucking everything up, etc etc, and work's been a bitch.

So as we're rushing to lunch b/c she has a 1pm mtg...we get to an intersection at a green light. But no one is moving. There is a LINE of geese walking single-file across the street. Seriously, this was the longest line of geese I have EVER seen. Not a care in the world, just trying to carefully step down from the curb and cross over.

We had to laugh, because really, what else can you do?

5. I get home and check my mail. Ooh, a package, love those! If it's from sister, that's good. If it's from mom, that's suspect.

Shit. It's from mom. Well, you never know.

Oh, but you do know, cuz it's mom. Inside I find a book titled "Wait For Me - Rediscovering the joy of purity in romance"

Great. Now I get to tell mom that I enjoy being unpure.

Shit.


Powered by Blogger