Corporate Peon: Not What You'd Expect


Sunday, December 11, 2005

Not What You'd Expect

I'm back.

I'm also sick and have been for the past five days - headache, some chills, horrible hacking cough, sniffles.

I'm also tired - I've been up since 5:30 this morning Istanbul time, which is 8 hours ahead, so I think that means I've been up since about 10pm last night. For some reason, me - the champion sleeper - couldn't sleep a lick on the plane.

I'm also hungry - pizza's been ordered and is on its way.

I'm also clean - intercontinental grime has been washed away.

I'm also sad.

Traveling with my dad was really, really hard on me. He's getting old, folks, and I couldn't ignore that this trip, though I desperately wanted to. I've always been daddy's girl, and I found that I don't necessarily like some things about him. Worse, I felt he didn't like some things about me, either. I know. It's natural. I should be grateful it took us this long to figure it out.

Whoops, pizza just got here.

Then, I check in on some of you, and there's a lot of sadness out there, isn't there? I wish there weren't.

Sorry, must stop now.


Powered by Blogger