Corporate Peon: HELP!


Tuesday, October 05, 2004

HELP!

I've been offered a job that I think I want, but I'm just not sure. It's the same position I'm in now - at the same company - but in a different area.

I like the leadership better and think they do a better job of promoting/recognizing their people than my current leadership. But, I know what to expect from my current job and not so much from that area.

It might be a tiny bit more money upfront. But (from the interviewer's mouth) they'd 'help me get to the next level' of job status, which is a promotion.

I think it would lead to more options for career advancement. But I'm not for certain.

I don't know who I would be reporting to exactly - they're making an offer to someone today.

I don't know all the folks who would be my teammates, and I don't like all the ones I know. Well, okay, that's no different from where I am.

It's a smaller area, which could be good, because I could help shape it. But is it smaller in terms of opportunities and money and recognition?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What do I do? The job is mine if I want it. I told her I'd get back to her on Thursday. My current leadership isn't happy with me wanting to leave. The area I'd be going to is newer but apparently is the 'next big thing.' But that doesn't mean longevity. Although, no area means longevity.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


Powered by Blogger