Corporate Peon: Two Tits Up...And Then Seriously


Friday, February 11, 2005

Two Tits Up...And Then Seriously

I just went and saw the sequel to 'Bridget Jones' Diary.' I won't bother looking up the actual title of the movie because a) you already know which movie I'm talking about, b) the movie sucked, and c) the movie was barely worth the $2 I paid.

Exhibit A: The stupid lesbionic twist at the end was just plain wrong. I, for one, am generally a fan of lesbian kisses. However, this was obviously so far off of the plot path that it was seen for exactly what it was - gratitious. Not a fan of that.

Exhibit B: The Beyonce song that played at the end. Um, hello - I realize the movie is set in modern times, but that song did not enhance the mood at all, as good movie music does. Instead, it was jarring and out of place.

Exhibit C: The stupid drug sequence, beginning with the eating of mushrooms and ending with the release from a correctional facility in Bangkok. Though this became a major plot point, it was a stupid one. And though the movie is fiction, the portrayal of a Thai correctional facility was so soft it was ridiculous. I'd be willing to bet good money that Thai jails do not a) let groups of women perform Madonna karaoke acts, b) let paroled women give out books, bras, and chocolate to the remaining prisoners, c) share bras.

I will be willing to conceed that one of the better parts of the movie was the starring role that Bridget's breasts took. They were often on display and I ogled quite freely from the back of the theater.

Which makes me sound like a dirty pervert.

Huh.

On a more serious note about the movie, I didn't find it all that funny. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to see it on Vday weekend; maybe I shouldn't have gone alone. Sure, there were some funny parts in the movie, but it wasn't an outright gutbuster.

Looking for love isn't a funny subject. Losing love isn't a funny subject. It's painful and heartwrenching and just plain hard. If you're going to poke fun at that and make light of it, you damn well better do a good job of it.


Powered by Blogger