Corporate Peon: Free Falling


Thursday, March 03, 2005

Free Falling

Sheer law of averages says that the more people you know, the greater the chance that you'll know someone who has bad things happen to them.
Is it worth it, then, to know people? My close friends are getting married and popping out progeny. They're falling into love and marriage and taking chances that everything will work out.

I hope they do.

Me, on the other hand...I don't take those chances. I'm afraid too. I'm afraid that I'll let myself fall in love and have it end. I'm afraid that I'll show I'm vulnerable and that will be used against me.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy that is going to tear me apart. I think I want what I'm too afraid to go after. I'll be forever standing with one foot nailed to the floor, unable to do anything but move around and around.


Powered by Blogger