Corporate Peon: Good Random News


Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Good Random News

Federal tax refund came yesterday - whoo hoooo!!! We switched to a bi-monthly pay schedule last week, and with rent due while I'm on vacation, I was a little concerned that I'd be strapped. This takes all that fear away.

-----

There was an issue that came up at work on Friday afternoon in relation to one of my projects. It pissed me off, b/c it was thought to be an issue from my team, and I don't like that. We had a meeting yesterday morning and it turns out we - my team - was right. Yay!

I am a firm believer at work that it's not 'us' [systems] against 'them' [business], that we're all on the same team, blah blah blah. But, I'm still very glad that it turned out to be an issue on THEIR side, not mine, and that it means we don't need to make changes.

-----

I took a walk/run yesterday after work. Meaning, I ran for about 30 seconds and walked the rest. I'm trying.

-----

I haven't had a smoke since Friday night. Goddamnit.

-----

Cooking Light came yesterday. Lately, I haven't found many interesting sounding recipes in there, but I found a ton in this issue. I'm definitely going to pull pages, make a grocery list, and cook. Some of the desserts I'll bring into work - there's a mango cobbler-type one that looked great.

-----

My apartment is super clean, since the folks were down yesterday.

-----

I joined a beginners running class. I'm afraid.

-----

It's sunny out and with all this good news, I WILL have a good day. Perception and determination have to count, right?


Powered by Blogger