Corporate Peon: Wednesday Night


Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wednesday Night

1. I didn't go to BBB's. He gave me directions before he left for work, but once home, I did some thinking. He didn't really seem thrilled with the idea, even though HE invited ME over, and while packing up the ingredients and all, I realized it was a lot. (I don't trust him to have baking items.)

I don't like doing things with people if I feel they don't really want me to do them with them. So when he called after his class, still not sounding excited, I said I had too much to do.

I'm disappointed. I wish he would stop sending mixed signals. Fucker.

2. I had a good talk with Best Friend tonight. I love her.

3. I have two things coming to me in the mail that I'm very excited about. One is a painting I commissioned from Kate. It's one of her monster girls and will go in my kitchen. Yay! I'm excited to see it. So while I know what it is, I don't know what it looks like, so that's kind of a surprise. I like surprises.

The second is a CD a friend burned for me. Mucho good music that I've been wanting to hear. There may also be pink post-its in the package as well, which will make me giggle. Random office supplies amuse me.

4. My red velvet cake is cooling right now. I hope it turns out - I don't always have good results with buttermilk. But the batter tasted cake-like, so that's a good sign. I need to make the buttercream frosting, but I can do that when the cake cools.

5. I have a lot to do before tomorrow: packing up pics of all vacations; clothes for many occasions and people; souvenirs for the fam; magazines for the 'rents. Eh, it will all get done somehow!

6. I noticed today that my car's paint is peeling off of the roof. Oops. That might become an issue.


Powered by Blogger