Corporate Peon: I Heard the News Today...


Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I Heard the News Today...

...first, yay Canada! Why can't we be so smart?

Canada’s House of Commons OKs gay marriage

Next, this is a BIG oops. A Taiwan stock trader mistakenly bought $251 million worth of shares with a mis-stroke of her computer, meaning her company is looking at a paper loss of more than $12 million and she is looking for a new job. Whoops. Best of luck there, Sparky.

In other news...summer time means many outings from the insurance factory. Tomorrow, my area is going to the racetrack - horse racing. Blech. I'll sit in the sun, pretend to like some of my teammates, and go home early. There's one boat cruise from downtown in July, with a second one in August. There's two picnics in August. A Cubs game in July. Since I'm kind of straddling two divisions right now, I have twice the fun. I'll be hard pressed to get any work done!


Powered by Blogger