Corporate Peon: This Ain't No Joke


Monday, June 27, 2005

This Ain't No Joke

When my team first moved to this building, the women's bathroom in our area smelled like ass. Get it? Yeah, it really rotted. It had a chemical smell to it that was overpowering.

At one of the team meetings, I brought it up to my team leader, a somewhat dirty old man. Here's the conversation that followed:

TL: Everyone's found their way around here? Bathrooms, cafeteria, meeting rooms? Any problems with anything?
KtP: Um...well, there is one thing. The bathroom kind of smells.
TL: (Laughs) And what do you want me to do about that? Ban beans from the cafeteria?
KtP: No, it really smells. Like chemicals.
TL: You're serious?
KtP: I'm very serious! The bathroom smells, like...well, like natural gas.

And it really did


Powered by Blogger