Corporate Peon: Lighten Up!


Thursday, June 30, 2005

Lighten Up!

I loved all the comments the previous post generated. Feel free to keep 'em coming, but I'm going to move on to fluff stuff.

Racetrack

I did not bet on any horses. I ate yummy nachos and drank a cold beer (okay, and a cold margarita) and got my shoulders sunburned. Don't worry, it's not bad, but thanks for your concern. I also continued the stripe thing I have going on - the front of my legs are tan and the back, not so much. Shrug. Maybe that will be this weekend's plan.

After Racetrack

I went shopping. Bought an adorable orange flowered skirt with a ruffle, which is actually cute, despite sounding like puke. Bought a denim skirt and a white shirt, too.

Running

Finally got my ass back on the treadmill tonight. Since running group officially ended for the session, I've been slacking - this was only the 3x out since last Tuesday (6/21). However, I am continuing to increase the amount of time I'm running, which is good. Tonight I walked 5, ran 5, walked 5, ran 7.5, walked 2.5, ran 7.5. I'm very anal about the timing and like to start everything on nice round whole even numbers. Shut up. The other day, I did 10 minutes, but just couldn't hack that tonight.

Weekend

I have no set plans right now. A few things I'm tossing around, but nothing in stone. Tomorrow should be a short day at work, made shorter by the fact of my lunch date. If I'm in town over the 4th, I usually go to a nearby parade; I'll have to look into the schedules.

Pictures

I should have many pictures to post, possibly this weekend, if I get off my ass. Graduation was last weekend, and I still need to tell you about that, along with the reception work had yesterday. Then there's also pictures of various things around the casa that I want to show you, like my monster girl painting from Aimee's sister Kate, and the wall hanging from Costa Rica, and possibly my fab red couch with a new painting on the wall above it (assuming I get the picture hung this weekend).

Thirst

There's a reason I don't keep soda in the house - I drink it like I'm being paid. I bought three cases last weekend for the 'rents, when they were here, and so I can take it into work. Except that I drink about 5 cans a night. Not good!

Alright, that's all the (boring) news that's fit to print!


Powered by Blogger