Corporate Peon: It's About that Time


Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's About that Time

For those of you keeping track here in CubeLand, it's been 6 months since I've last gone on a trip.

I know what you're thinking: "You nuts, Peon! You went to NoDak in September! I ain't that stupid, sucka!"

And once you get past your initial anger, you'll think "You dumb ho! You also went to Virginia in August! Suck it!"

And just when you start to really wail on me, you'll remember that I went to Costa Rica in April and maybe - just maybe - that's the kind of trip I'm talkin' about.

See, about every six months I start getting anxious. Really bored, listless, fidgety. I start to feel angry again, about everything and nothing. I start to get unhappy with myself and my situation. A quick fix (notice, I didn't say 'cure') is to go somewhere. I start to leaf through travel books at the store; I'm a regular at online travel sites. I start to question where others have gone and area going. And then I buy a ticket of my own.

Plans are shaping up for Turkey in early December. Travelers will include my brother-in-law and myself, and possibly (but god I hope not), my father. Timeframe is 10 days.

More details to come later.


Powered by Blogger