Corporate Peon


Saturday, January 07, 2006

Got back on the treadmill today for the first time in months. Why oh why did I think it was a good idea to take, like, 3 months off from it?

Sigh. Not quite up to Mikey's stamina, nor Julie's - the day you catch me biking to work is the day I've stolen someone's bike and lost my sanity - but at least I'm back on.

I'm also thinking about signing up for this 2month fitness program one of the park districts is offering. It's 16 sessions for cheaper than joining a gym, which I've done and never gone to, but for some reason I think a class will be different.

While cleaning my kitchen tonight, I found a $150 check my dad wrote me for something I fronted for him a few months ago. Sweet! I went shopping today with the hope of dropping oodles of cash on new work clothes, but I found absolutely nothing (maybe because I got discouraged after one store). So I bought three new CDs instead - Best of Culture Club, a RENT soundtrack that has been playing nonstop for the past couple hours, and then a compilation CD for the treadmill. I love good new music.

That's definitely a trade-off I can live with, especially as I have yet to unpack from last weekend's time away.

And speaking of...enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Powered by Blogger