Corporate Peon: Better This, Beotch!


Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Better This, Beotch!

As I watched TV today, something about the commercials struck me as odd. Without fail, every single commercial was for some way of 'bettering' one's life. Institute of Design; Culinary Arts School; Get Your GED Online; How to Pay for College - Free CD, Just Call Now!

What was it, I wondered, that made advertisers assume that the ideal time to encourage people to reach for the stars was during back-to-back episodes of Extreme Dating? Why did those ads have to run at 2 in the afternoon?

I thought of the typical stereotype that advertisers have. Just cuz I was home on the couch, watching trashy TV, in my pajamas, eating a crappy lunch, well into the twilight of day, doesn't mean that I need to 'better' myself.

Sheesh.

(Bellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllch)


Powered by Blogger