Corporate Peon: Frustration


Monday, November 01, 2004

Frustration

I'm being held back from publishing items at work because my 'counterpart' hasn't done her changes yet and wants to be in sync with me. So, I'm sitting here, unable to pass my info along and get my signoff and thus move forward, because my team member doesn't want to look bad compared to me.

And the guy I backed up last week is back. His shitty project has now fallen further behind, and he's spending time telling me that I'm not in a joking mood. Well no shit, sherlock! I worked hard for you last week. Don't throw that away.

I got email tonight from someone saying, "I'm not sure if you're still in charge of this project, but I haven't received anything from you on it." Well, let's see here...maybe that's because I sent you an email 3 WEEKS ago, asking for contact names from your area. Did I hear from you? Nooooooooo.

I am so painfully aware that I'm not perfect. But I do a damn good job and that's important to me, and I don't tolerate those who do a half-assed job and act as if they're being put out by doing so.

And then there's the flip side.

I don't have 3 kids, all under the age of 5. I don't have the stigma, if there is one, of working without a college education. I don't have a two-hour commute. Each way.

I do have an upper-middle class, white-bred existence and all the opportunities that implies.

I need to be less of a judgemental bitch.


Powered by Blogger