Corporate Peon: The Devil In Me


Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Devil In Me

I'm great at playing devil's advocate. I like playing devil's advocate - thinking of the alternate solutions, the other ways of looking at things, the what-ifs. I think I'm good at it.

I've realized, though, that playing that role is just simply a way of avoiding giving my own opinion. It's an easy and non-see-through (what's the word I'm looking for? opaque?) way of getting around actually deciding what I feel/think about something and putting that out there for public consumption.

Am I worried about being ridiculed for my viewpoint? Sometimes, sure. Am I concerned with looking stupid? Yeah, sometimes. Do I hate having to take a stand on something and plant my feet on the ground? Usually.

Someone recently told me that if there was something I wanted, I should go for it. There is something I want.

Game on.


Powered by Blogger