Corporate Peon: On Your Knees, Bitch


Wednesday, April 06, 2005

On Your Knees, Bitch

That's right. It's time to worship me. Throw your praise on me, lavish me with kind words. Butter me up until I could bathe in it.

Why? What do you mean, why? You need a reason to cloak me in compliments? Fine. I'll give you a reason.

I'm done with grad school. Yep, that's right. I'm done. 100% done. Even all paid for, if you can believe it. I am 27yrs old and the proud owner of a brand-new MBA.

It took me four years part-time, maintaining a full-time job the entire time.

All told, I've shelled out about $10,000 out-of-pocket for my degree; the company paid the rest. It's a private school, hence the price-tag. When I started, each course was $1850. Now, they're up to $2250 each. With the tuition cap in place, more of my money was going towards fewer classes. And yet - and yet - I never took out a loan or asked my parents for help.

So, there's your reason. And, if you ask me - it's a damn good one.

Let the praising begin.


Powered by Blogger