Corporate Peon: Snippets


Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Snippets

Several mini posts I've had sitting in draft status, combined into one non-sequitur post:
********
Why

Why can't I? Just give me one good reason. One. Good. Reason.

Yeah, me neither.

*********
I Had a Premonition

When you turned your back and walked away...I knew.

When I walked in and saw you with your arm wrapped around someone else...I knew.

When I introduced you to her at a wedding...I knew.

It's the kind of feeling, deep in your gut, that tells you things are changing. It's the kind of feeling that grabs at your heart and squeezes and makes you short of breath. That tells you things won't ever be the same again. That despite all your wishs and hopes and longings, you're not about to have what you want. That no matter how close you thought you were...
**********
Signs

They're all there. They may be subtle, they may be camouflaged. But they're all there.

All you have to do is look for them. It's not hard, I promise. Just do a little digging and a little searching with one eye open.

Please?
**********
I've thought about it before. A lot. I don't want to do it, but I keep thinking about it. Maybe I want people to tell me not to; maybe I want people to tell me I'll be missed.

Maybe I want to hurt people.

Maybe I'm just trying to reach out.

Maybe I just need a friend.


Powered by Blogger