Corporate Peon: I Had a Dream


Monday, May 23, 2005

I Had a Dream

I dreamt of you last night. I was afraid to look at you at first, afraid that I wouldn't like what I saw - afraid you wouldn't, either.

You were sandy-haired, which surprised me. You were taller than I had expected. You made me nervous, but in a good, butterfly-ish kind of way.

We sat at my parent's house - you, your sister (do you have a sister? I can't remember), and my mom. Yeah, don't ask. We had to lie to mom - heaven forbid she found out how we knew each other, what we did together, and your nationality (okay, she wouldn't care about that one, but it makes me giggle).

We managed to leave the house, our story intact. Tip-toeing through the dark to your house, avoiding all the dead deer that littered the paths. It was dark out, and the path was uneven, but you held my hand and I wasn't afraid,

Your house was amazing, much as I was finding you were. Your sister wrote me a letter, proclaiming her dislike for me. "How could you be good for my brother if you have to lie to your own mother about him?" Her words and the truth they carried stung.
-----
I know what it means, I know what it all means. Plans need to be made.


Powered by Blogger