Corporate Peon: Weekend Update


Sunday, May 15, 2005

Weekend Update

1. Lois, you're a pain in the ass. I love you. Just remember, payback's a bitch. :)

2. Thank you all SO very much for all the birthday wishes. I had a GREAT birthday. I normally don't celebrate them if I can help it, but that wasn't the case this year. And yes, my birthday is the 13th, which is very often a Friday, and was the year I was born. I'm just special like that. :)

3. My girls got me a beautiful photo album. The engraving says "True friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but not in heart. Love J, L & N" I got teary eyed.

4. I got copies made of pictures of us four girls - some at L's wedding, some at her bachelorette party, some at her bridal shower. Only 3 years later, but better than never. I also got a copy of a hilarious picture of me that I'm going to try to post - it was taken at L's wedding and I'm obviously tanked. I have all sorts of flowers in my hair and stains on my dress. I had never seen the picture before, and it's great.

5. My entire weekend was good. I laughed so hard with my girls - we sat at dinner last night for 5 hours, keeping the $2.75 daiquiris coming at us. We all learned a bit about each other this weekend, which was fun considering a) how much time we spent together, b) how many of our stories involved another one of us, and c) how close we all still are.

6. I got to meet my niece! She is the cutest baby ever. Really. She's happy and smiling and I got to hold her and watch her sleep and roll over and spit bubbles and I did NOT have to change her!

7. Baby's dad did the majority of the babysitting so us girls could shop and eat in peace. That was awesome.

8. I'm not as tired as I thought I'd be, considering I was in the car for 10 hours today. And no speeding tickets!

9. I came home and found a gift certificate to a spa as my bday present from my college best friend. Yay for pampering!

10. I came home and found a HUGE check. Tuition plus salary = money! Yay!

11. I came home and found I have a package that I can't get til tomorrow. I think it's my painting. Yay!


Powered by Blogger