Corporate Peon: Pack It Up, Pack It In


Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Pack It Up, Pack It In

Let me begin...by saying that there's a new online boy who may have personality.

From his picture, I thought he was gay, and as we haven't met, that is still debatable. On the one hand, I suppose I should take his word for it, but on the other, how many closet gay guys do you know? Mmm hmm. That's what I thought.

I realized I think he looks gay because he resembles Emmett Honeycutt from Queer As Folk. My theory was only supported last night by his IM box that had a faint rainbow caressing the sky.

Ze plot, it thickens...

I test boys. I know this. I want someone with a little edge and a definite sense of humor. If they can't laugh at themselves, then I don't want 'em.

When last night's boy sent me a 'wink,' I checked out his profile. In it he had written that interested girls should email him, as the winking thing wasn't working for him anymore.

So I, of course, responded and called him out on it.

He responded laughing at himself slightly, which was a good sign. Had he been, like, "Bitch!" that would have ended things right then and there. Not for calling me a bitch as much as for not being able to see the point.

I then told him that I thought where he lived was too far away to pursue anything, and he responded nicely to that and we IM'd a little.

So, he passed the first test. He claims to be moving up here in two months, but I'm not holding my breath.

The guy from the Femmes concert wrote that he'd like to hang out in whatever capacity I'm comfortable with. Yeah, like that will happen.


Powered by Blogger