Corporate Peon: Out of the Mouths of Babes...


Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

Yesterday, I received an email from a friend. Let's call her Amy. Amy told me, among other things, that her very young daughter had asked - while at the dinner table - if she, Amy, had ever seen a vagina kissing a penis.

Oh, dear.

That right there is why I'd never be a good parent. I'd either stammer and lie and say "Of course not! Where did you hear of such a thing!" or I'd stammer and say, "Well, yes, I have, but you're too young to know about that." Either way, I'd confuse the kid, probably lie, and in general, not handle things well.

Amy's answer was pretty good, I thought - actually, very good. She told her daughter that it's inappropriate to talk about any body parts that are underneath clothes at the dinner table or out in public, but if she had any questions she could ask Amy when they were private.

Great answer, right?

Well, of course, I couldn't leave it at that. I IM'd Amy last night that I had a quick question for her. When she responded, I asked (you know where this is going) if she had ever seen a vagina kissing a penis. She laughed, and then said she had. Amy turned the tables, though, asking me if I had ever seen that.

KtP" "Well...I'm not sure it was a kiss. It really was like more of a peck."

Amy: "I swear I saw one full on frenching."

KtP: "Ewwwww! Only once, though, right?"

Amy: "At least once!"

That ho. No wonder her toddler daughter is asking these questions!


Powered by Blogger