Corporate Peon: Persistance Gets You Nowhere


Friday, December 16, 2005

Persistance Gets You Nowhere

Remember the shorty I met at the Femmes concert this summer? Remember how I felt nothing positive towards him at all? Remember how he emailed me after the concert and how I wasn't interested?

Remember how he called me - twice - weeks after the show? Remember how I emailed him once, a blase note saying I got his voicemails and not much further?

He emailed me again this week. I've given him NO encouragement whatsoever, and his latest note was very strange: "Remember me? How have you been? I hope you're well. I'm going to Egypt in January! Drop me a note and let me know what's new with you! I hope to hear from you soon. "

Um, no. What part of getting brushed off do you not understand?

"I'm sure you're just being friendly, but I find it weird that you continue to contact me when I've shown absolutely zero interest. I felt no connection with you at all when we met - not even for friends. I'd prefer not to hear from you again."

His response? (Yes, I said response - apparently I wasn't clear enough.) "Happy Holidays!"

There's a possible joke in there somewhere about my magnetic pull to the boring and clueless...


Powered by Blogger