Corporate Peon: Scrooge


Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Scrooge

I don't do holiday cards. I stopped a few years back when it got to be a hassle. I got to thinking that everyone I love knows I love them - I make sure of that.

So what's a card going to do for you? And what do you do with the dozens you end up with each year? Me, I'd enjoy them for a bit, then...pitch 'em.

They got ridiculous for a while. One college friend sent one signed 'Love, Jenny & Steve.' I hadn't seen or talked to her in years, had never met her bf, and was seriously doubting he had feelings of any kind for me.

Then, too, I got to thinking - why am I sending cards to people I don't really care about? Because they sent me a card? Uh uh.

If I care about you - if you care about me - you should already know what's going on in my world. You should already know my trials and tribulations for the year; you shouldn't need a card to keep you updated. And if you need that recap of life as I know it to know how I'm doing, then maybe you need to rethink this friendship. Chances are, I have.

So tonight, I enjoyed an N'Sync serenade while I baked my heart out and un-panned some previously baked goods.

Life as I know it, indeed.


Powered by Blogger