Corporate Peon: Do I Look Like I'm Mother Teresa?


Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Do I Look Like I'm Mother Teresa?

1. I had to pick up my books tonight for my last MBA course, which starts next week. I stopped and chatted with a few of the folks who are in a course right now, and we made plans for drinks after they were done tonight.

All of the guys ordered the 24oz beer for their second round, but I stuck to my 18oz, claiming that "I'm not a sheep." One of the guys replied something to the effect of how often have I used THAT line before, which sent us into gales of laughter and dirty thoughts and left others asking what they had missed. You had to be there.

I told the waitress I'd have a blonde, but all she brought me was a stupid beer.

2. I have a new favorite CD: "Time Travelin' Couch" by Toothpick. I heard it on the morning news one day last week and bought it just from that. They had a song in Super Size Me, aptly named, Super Size Me.

The guy - Toothpick - is wearing this horrendous yellow zoot suit, like what Robert Baron wore on that episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where he gets all jiggy widit. Despite that, I really dig his voice - all low and mellow and shit.

3. I wonder how many things in one post I could legitimately write about and link to? It's sorta like underlining each noun in the sentence.

4. I had the urge to drunk call people tonight, but I wasn't drunk, so that put a kibosh on that plan. I used 'kibosh' in a work email this week and one guy wrote back and asked, "What is a kibosh?" I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, so I just ignored him. Yep, this is why I get paid the pseudo big bucks, folks.

5. What the fuck am I still doing awake? Oh, right, I woke from a sound sleep for no fucking reason. Let's try this again, shall we? Katey sleeping through the night, Take Two.


Powered by Blogger