Corporate Peon: A Funny Thing Happened at My Desk...


Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened at My Desk...

I was sitting there, at work, in my cube, alternately talking to BBB and typing. He was, as per usual, sitting on the spare chair in my cube.

Now, you know CubeLand. We're small here. When he sits at that chair, we're basically sitting right next to each other. Sometimes we even touch.
I had my back turned to him, looking at my monitor, and he reached out and grabbed a piece of lint from my shoulder. I didn't see him do it, but I felt it. When his fingers touched my shoulder, I let out a small 'ooh.' It was a reflex response, I swear.

But he cracked up. LAUGHED and LAUGHED. I blushed, which I don't do easily, and which he found even more amusing. When he finally composed himself enough to leave my cube, he said he needed a cigarette.

I couldn't look him in the eyes for the rest of the day.


Powered by Blogger