Corporate Peon: Oh, Baby


Friday, April 22, 2005

Oh, Baby

I dreamt last night that I had a baby. I don't remember the labor part, but I remember that my breasts were very, very full - my nipples were long and distended and spurting milk, and my breasts heavy. Very strange. I mean, I know you have milk, that part's not strange, just strange for me.

I remember mom brought out a baby blanket she had purchased for the low, low price of $2700. Sister and I were amazed and astounded, til mom realized she misspoke and it was a $27.00 blanket. Ah, mom.

I remember holding a baby - a teeny, tiny baby - all warm and cuddly - and feeling this intense, fierce love. God, it felt good. It felt amazing, actually - so protective and strong a bond, so...god, I'm crying.

I've never wanted kids of my own. Never. And I'm not saying I want them now.

But...I want something.


Powered by Blogger