Corporate Peon: "If I do this right, $10,000 will buy a lot of shoes."


Saturday, August 06, 2005

"If I do this right, $10,000 will buy a lot of shoes."

You know sometimes how knowing a particular person can give you an 'in'? Whether it's an 'in' with another person or a place, it doesn't matter. It doesn't even matter if the privilege you think you've gained isn't a privilege at all, or isn't exclusive to you. What matters is that you feel cooler just by extension.

I feel as if I've lost an 'in' I used to have. I feel as if I've overstayed my welcome with some people. I'm not sad, in that I necessarily miss what we had. Or what I thought we had, or what I had concocted in my head. I'm not even sure I'm sad because things change. I mean, sure, sometimes I'm sad about both those things, but I think most often, I'm sad that I've lost my golden ticket.

It's not all happening around me, though. Some of it is by design. I've pulled away a bit from one direction; branched out to others, happily. It won't ever be what it was, and I know enough not to force it or pretend it will be.
-----
There's a way to clean your body of toxins. You can fast, you can sweat, you can eat organically and purge your body of all the processed shit you put into it.

Why isn't there a way to clean your brain? Why aren't you able to purge those files, those toxins?


Powered by Blogger