Corporate Peon: Queen Bee


Monday, August 08, 2005

Queen Bee

I wanted you to rub my calf when it woke me up in the middle of the night. I didn't purposely try to wake you, but I didn't hold down the noise or movement, either.

You didn't wake up. I was disappointed but not surprised.

It's not all about you, you know. Don't think I'm talking about you. You were a blip on my screen; how many days total was it?

I don't like when you touch my hand during conversation, or to show me how cold you are. I don't like any touch from you, it doesn't do what it once did. Or did it ever? And the way you blathered on and on today, jesus christ, couldn't you see the shield of blankness come down over my eyes? Don't you think I know when you're holding something back? Lie by omission. You're not good at it.

No one seems to notice that anything's changed. I wonder if it's because they aren't looking close enough or if the acting's just that good.

I think it's a little of both.


Powered by Blogger