Corporate Peon: Stupid Disappointment


Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Stupid Disappointment

I was all excited about the Toothpick concert tonight. Had my directions, went to the bank. Was really looking forward to some good people watching and some cold beer drinking and some bar food eating and some good music listening.

Yep. Never got there.

The directions were really fucking simple: 294 to Fullerton, Fullerton to Lincoln.

Lincoln never showed.

I don't get out much, if you haven't noticed. And I get into Chicago even less frequently. I really thought that not only would tonight be fun, but it'd be good for me.

Damnit, I'm so disappointed. I didn't get lost, but I did drive around for quite some time. I felt so...stupid. How could I not find an entire frickin street? I have a pretty good sense of direction. And I've obviously done okay traveling in foreign countries alone. So how could I not find a stupid street in what is my own virtual backyard???

I drove home feeling very, very disappointed.

Then, to top things off...I missed the fricking exit because I was so caught up in beating myself up. So that meant an annoying detour.

And then, because what else do you do when you're pissed off and upset and disappointed?

Yep, Taco Bell for dinner.


Powered by Blogger