Corporate Peon: Cheese & Whine (without the cheese)


Monday, October 24, 2005

Cheese & Whine (without the cheese)

There is a big lull in my workload. I talked to the woman I'm reporting up to now (a dotted-line relationship...how corporate-speak is that?) on Thursday. She knows there is a lull and unfortunately, can't do much about it now. I told her that I will come in at 9 and leave at 4 and not feel guilty about that, and she was fine with it. I'm still fighting pangs of guilt, though I know that's silly. I'm doing the work I have, there's just not much of it.

I would much rather be too busy than not busy enough.

So I've spent all day today reading your sites (sorry about the multiple hits, stat freaks), reading Tripso.com archives, and wishing I had brought all my fun new recipes from Cooking Light into work so I could make my ingredient list and go grocery shopping after work.

Not to mention, I've been thinking and writing, which is never a good combination. Yes, the Peon is a little depressed these days. I'm disappointed that I can't seem to talk to or be understood by my sister; I'm disappointed that a good friend had her daughter's first bday party this weekend and there's no way I can be a part of that (b/c of distance); I'm disappointed about my car; I'm disappointed that I was stood up and that I'm even attempting online dating AGAIN and that I even feel I have to go that route; I'm disappointed that things that happened so long ago still have such an impact on me; I'm disappointed that when my sister asked me who I was hanging out with these days I had to say "um...no one" and that she actually asked the question when she knows what my life is like and then I feel she's all pity-y towards me.

Basically, I'm having a pity party of my own. Good thing it's almost time for me to go home.


Powered by Blogger